Rocyn Papillons News

Friday, December 29, 2006

Another driving adventure

October 20
I am departing home for Albany, GA and 3 days of shows. My friend Karen Byrd and I are meeting and sharing a hotel room. We happened to get lucky and quite a few other pap people are also at our hotel.
October 22, Thronateeska Kennel Club, judge Mr. Randy Garren and in the rain Penny goes Winners bitch for 3 points. She needs 1 point to finish.
This was a big pap weekend and 13 of us got together to have dinner at an Italian Restaurant and had a wonderful time laughing and giggling and telling dog stories.
On Sunday, after judging, I drove from Albany up to Nashville, TN to visit with my son and his fiance. They had just weeks before completed their move from Florida to Nashville to allow my son to accept a promotion. The drive was gorgeous with all of the leaves changing. I only wish Robert could have come along to see them. I had a whirlwind tour of the city and a wonderful dinner at a place called Sambuca's that had a live band and their music was great. All too soon it was time to drive back to Marietta, Georgia and meet up with Karen and almost the same bunch of pap people as the weekend before.
This group of shows has always been good for me and this visit was no different.
Oct 26, Griffin Georgia Kennel club with Mrs. Muriel Purkhiser, Karen and her dog, Zack, took 3 points
Oct 27, Griffin GA kennel Club, under judge Mrs. Doris Cozart, Desi took reserve
Oct 28, Kennesaw Kennel Club, under judge Ms. Peggy Beisel-McIlwaine Penny took the 2 points and finished. She will now be known as CH Braylor's Penny Lane! And Karen and Zack took the 3 points for the dogs.
I left right after the pictures were taken but was only able to get as far as Orlando and spent the night with my son and his wife. After a great dinner and a good nights sleep I made it home the next day.