Rocyn Papillons News

Friday, December 29, 2006

RuthAnn and I hit the road together

RuthAnn Ford and I are on the road to two big weekends of shows. RA flew into West Palm Beach airport on July 25. We had a wonderful time visiting before we left to go to the shows in Greenville, South Carolina. We stopped the first day of driving in Savannah, GA and completed our trip to Greenville the next day. RA was showing "Luka", Connection Rolls Royce and I was showing one of the 3 bitches I brought along, Rita, Penny or Desi.
July 29, at Hendersonville Kennel Club show in Greenville under Mrs June Penta Penny gets the big 5 pt major, Winners Bitch and Best of Opposite Sex
We then drove to RA's home in Pennsylvania and Danny took us to a wonderful little brew pub in State College. I left the next day to drive to Ohio. I spent one night with my family that lives there. The next day my uncle who owns a beautiful motor home took it over to the Canfield fairgrounds and set it up for me and my dogs. RA and Danny joined me later that afternoon and they set up their RV a few doors down. There were a lot of friends and a lot of fun on the grounds the night before the shows started.
August 3, Fort Stuben Kennel Association under judge Mr. Kenneth Edh RA took a big 4 point major with Luka
August 4, Columbiana County Kennel Club with judge Mrs Charlotte Patterson took another 3 points with Luka
August 6, Mahoning-shenango kennel Club with judge Mrs Joyce Fortney I was showing Forevr Braylor's Gypsy Moon for RA in the 6-9 mo puppy class. This little girl is the consummate showdog. All I had to do was hold onto the lead and she strutted her way into a 4 point major. The judge told me she could not take her eyes off Gypsy.
Robert flew up to Ohio on Saturday to drive home with me and we made it home in 2 days. What a great trip and we surely had fun every night.